The waxy coating on the grass leaf is like the wax on an apple, which preserves the moisture in the plant and wards off disease. Black Beauty sod grows a darker green than other turf mixtures. See how the color stands out six months after seeding.
- Grows roots 4-feet deep
- Thrives in poor soils of low pH
- Improved drought tolerance
- Succumbs to fever disease & recovers faster
- Black Beauty doesn’t get rust diseases like Kentucky Bluegrass
- Survives under adverse growing conditions
- Great shade tolerance
Black Beauty is a 97% tall fescue and 3% bluegrass blend.